Tuesday 23 June 2015

One thing you must know about Junction Objects in Salesforce

Hi Devs, Here I brought-up some thing new I hope in very common topic Junction Object In Salesforce. 

So what I am talking about here is when we setup junction object and go to any of the master record and see related of detail records then there will not be edit link in front of record in the list until unless we have one custom field over that detail object. 

Let's take a example. I have two custom Objects Master1, Master2 now I am going to create one junction object under Master1 and Master2.
                       











When I visit Master1 record then I observe that edit link is not there
                       

but if I view that junction record separately then I have Edit button on junction record page.
                                     

So Here is the reason as I create a editable custom field on junction object

                                  

"Edit" liks gets appeared in the related list but it is not necessary to keep that field on layout keep it behind the screen.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment